The lovely Deborah Jacobs emailed me to see if I could create a sophisticated laptop travel bag for her new job, because “it is your work I admire and makes me feel great”. How could I say no to that? I invited her to come visit my studio, to hammer out the details of a professional bag for her world travels, but still help her express her funky style on the inside. Features to include:
- Appearance: sensuous like the Metier tote
- Hold a laptop, plus room for folders and paperwork
- a padded, removable laptop sleeve in a funky pattern, with zipper closure
- Sturdy, but flexible enough to completely flatten and pack inside a suitcase
- 2 large pockets on the outside, and pockets galore on the inside
- Straps: two short padded handles to carry the laptop bag by hand, and one long, removable shoulder strap that can attach with clips
Although Deborah travels for work about 40% of the time, I still managed to complete her bag in record time, communicating via email and photos over a few weeks. And I am so pleased with how it turned out! It was immensely satisfying to create a bag that met the very specific needs of a very busy woman.
p.s. You don’t have to be a Seattle VIP to have me create a custom laptop bag for you! Please feel free to drop me a line at ck (at) crystalynkae.com. I would love to hear your ideas!