Katie from Seattle asked me to create a unisex incognito diaper bag: one that both she and her husband could carry, that would be machine-washable, super durable, and be used long after their newborn, Sebastien, is out of diapers.
Must have features included:
- long adjustable cross body strap,
- flap closure with a secure magnetic or manual snap,
- foam-padded bottom in case they carried a laptop
I came up with 3 sketches and a stack of swatches in blues and greens to choose from.
Inside are 8 pockets:
- 2 bottle/sippy cup pockets
- 2 diaper pockets (large enough to fit eight newborn or 4 toddler diapers)
- 2 sets of zipper pouches & 2 slip pockets: so Brian & Katie each have a home for their cell phones and keys
Across the outside back, there is a long narrow pocket – to fit the changing pad. And of course my signature ultrasuede-lined adjustable strap that can be worn short or long across the body.
What do you think of this project? Would you like one of your own? Should we add this unisex messenger bag to our collection?
Please contribute to our ongoing survey about whether we should add more unisex styles to our collection.