Loyal Crystalyn Kae customer, Deborah Jacobs recently asked me if I would create a sophisticated laptop travel bag. As the owner of several of my bags, who travels nearly 40% of the time said:
“It is your work I admire, and makes me feel great”. -Deborah Jacobs, World Librarian for the Gates Foundation
How could I say no to that?
The key features to include in this unisex briefcase for travel:
- Appearance: clean lines like the Metier tote. Not too masculine, not too feminine
- Hold a laptop, plus room for folders and paperwork
- a padded, removable laptop sleeve in a funky pattern, with zipper closure
- Sturdy, but flexible enough to completely flatten and pack inside a suitcase
- 2 large pockets on the outside, and pockets galore on the inside
- Straps: two short padded handles to carry the laptop bag by hand, and one long, removable crossbody shoulder strap that can attach with clips
I invited her to come visit my studio, to hammer out the details of a professional understated bag for her world travels, that would still allow her to express her funky style with peeks of vintage fabric on the inside.
I am so pleased with how it turned out! It was immensely satisfying to create a bag that met the needs of one of my personal heroes.
What do you think? Should I make more of these? If you're a guy looking for a man bag, I'd especially love to hear from you! Please comment below, and drop me a line if you'd like to place your order!
Deborah, World Library Superhero, at Brazilian Senate Library