Mother's day is May 9 this year, and it's been a hell of a year! We decided to make it extra simple for you to surprise your Mom, or maybe treat yourself!
We've compiled heartfelt, handmade items created by designers and makers that we admire (most of which are also Moms!) - so you can feel good about supporting a small business in the process! Take a look of these 13 suggestions (and scroll to the bottom to find a discount code for all the items featured here!) and comment below, what stood out to you the most!
1. Show your mom she's special by gifting her a CrystalynKae limited-edition bag:
These purses are limited-edition bags incorporating a variety of mill-end and dead-stock fabrics, and even occasionally upcycled materials from vintage clothing by Crystalyn Kae!
2. Let her shine with a finely handcrafted Clustered Wisteria Necklace:
This necklace will punctuate your Mom's look with understated elegance. It's made to wear everyday with comfort and beauty.
3. For the strong leading lady in your life: get a Heroine Candle by Fly Paper Products:
These literary candles are perfect for any book and bag lover. 'The Heroine Candle' is like a strong leading lady. A woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements or noble qualities. Its described as is a calming blend of orange with rosemary, lily and base notes of vanilla, musk & blonde woods.
4. Invest in the environment with original and affordable artwork by Michelle Ciarlo-Haynes:
Something perfect for dressing up a shelf, a little space on a wall, or hung together as part of a larger collection? These whimsical, collectible art blocks are originals in every way. From the artwork itself (all created by Michelle) to the sustainable materials she uses, each one is a unique, magical delight.
5. Make it fun and spicy with Hot Mama Salsa:
These four types of handmade hot sauces are each with a distinct and unique chili pepper flavor. Pack Includes: Habanero, El Tamarindo, Fermented Fresno Chili , and La Chava Lavanda. Heat Level: Medium Hot, Hot, Hot, and Hot.
6. Don't let her forget she's your mama - with a "Mama" bracelet by Laurel Denise:
Made using the highest quality leather, each bracelet is entirely handmade in the US. These pieces whisper encouragement - made simple, understated, and petite on purpose.
7. Put it in the writing with Two Hermanas amazing cards:
It's made by two sisters, who are combining their love for tissue paper and laser cutting. Check them out they have lots of color options.
Maybe there's a little one on the way? We found these Love Care Packages for Babies. Simply a bundle of bookish love for wee ones & anyone who's got a story to tell!
Customized Wine decanter and glasses set! You can permanently etch your mother's name and a date, a monogram or a short message into this classic wine decanter. Cheers!
10. Make cooking exciting with Stain-Proof Wipe-Clean apron by Splash Fabric:
11. She loves flowers? Take a look at these Floral Succulent Necklace by Tree Trunk Arts:
Made from an actual plant cast in solid recycled bronze or sterling silver for a one-of-a-kind piece. Talk about wow-effect!
12. Gift her something practical among CrystalynKae Bossa Nova bags:
Bossa Nova Medium cross bodies are large enough to fit even the biggest of phones in the front pocket, leaving room for a full-size wallet, keys, and a small notebook inside. Bag with practical zipped-up pockets, made from exquisite material, which makes it a favorite everyday bag for numerous ladies.
13. Show her some creativity with Iris earrings by Anvil Metals Studio:
All of these artwork start out as original photographs. These are created from start to finish in the studio and out in the world taking pictures. The ear wires are titanium and the main piece is aluminum making a lightweight earring with a stunning presence.
Making it even sweeter for you - use the code GIVEAHANDMADE, that gives 10% off on all of the websites above, for a limited time!
Happy Mother's day shopping!