How to remove ink stains from your handbag:
- pull the lining to the outside of the bag
- Blot up any excess ink with paper towel
- fully saturate the stain with Folex spray (available online and nearly any big box grocery store in the household cleaning supplies) and let soak in for at least 20 minutes
- Blot, pressing very hard (DO NOT RUB!) with a clean paper towel to both sides of the wet stain to absorb the ink.
- For extra-pressure, lay your lining on the ground and stand on the paper towel to help blot out the excess moisture.
- Repeat if necessary
- Then follow machine-washing steps below if needed, (but not necessary).
How to Machine-wash your Glazed Fabric bag:
1) Empty the contents of your bag and pull the lining to the outside.
2) Add a tablespoon of laundry soap to the washer.
3) Throw your bag in the washing machine on gentle cycle
4) Hang it to dry. (Do not put your bag in the dryer or dry-clean.)
How to safely Spot-Clean bags:
- Use laundry soap and water and a soft rag to spot-clean your glazed fabric bag.
- remove scuff marks can often be removed by applying a bit of rubbing alcohol with a cotton swab.
- use shoe polish to freshen the sheen on your bag