I don't know about you, but I'm becoming tired of reading only bad news. So I am compiling a list of all the good news and silver linings: how the coronavirus is impacting us in a positive way.
As a result of the actions we've been forced to take during the COVID-19 pandemic, there is every reason to be hopeful, especially if we pay attention to the good news in the world today.
“Energy is the currency of the universe. When you “pay” attention to something, you buy that experience. So when you allow your consciousness to focus on someone or something that annoys you, you feed it your energy, and it reciprocates with the experience of being annoyed. Be selective in your focus because your attention feeds the energy of it and keeps it alive, not just within you, but in the collective consciousness as well.”―
Here is a list of our favorite positive outcomes from the pandemic:
- We are beginning to slow down and gain perspective. We are seeing that those little things we used to stress about aren’t really that important anymore.
- We are seeing the positive environmental impacts and benefits for our planet because we are slowing down. Maybe this can be a turning point: we are seeing the impact in the decrease in air pollution. In fact, here's a cool interactive map.
- We are learning how to be a bit more self-sufficient: cooking at home, and maybe even doing some gardening
- We appreciate our teachers more, and saluting our doctors and nurses
- Companies are re-thinking their supply chain, and valuing more than ever, locally made goods. And with the very real possibility of our favorite small businesses closing forever, hopefully we will see how important it is to support the little guy.
- Since nearly all of us are working from home, we are more conscious of creating a better work-life balance. Plus, hopefully employers will start implementing more remote-working policies in the future.
- We know now, more than ever, that our grandparents were right. We have got to save our money.
- Artists and musicians with cancelled shows are offering online home-concerts giving us a peek into their creative processes or finding inventive ways to share with their fans.
- We are getting to know our neighbors better, and we're friendlier to others on the street (at a safe 6 foot distance, of course!)
- We are reconnecting with friends we've neglected to stay in touch, more texts and calls, FaceTime or Zoom
- We are discovering new hobbies with so much free time.
- We suddenly enjoy the simple pleasures of puzzles, board games, good books we never had the time for before
- Captive elephants are being liberated from their tourist jobs
- We are spending more time with our pets, and many shelters have run out of animals that need fostering!
I'm sure there are many more things. . .please add in the comments below! I will choose an entry at random to win a $50 gift certificate on my site.
Entry deadline is April 3.